Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014 - Redwood City

Hola! First of all, I'm so sad that I'm missing the newest member of our family!!! I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm sure Boston is loving being an older brother. And I also can't wait to hold him and meet him for the first time!
 
Okay, so this week was pretty good! Except for the letter I got in the mail announcing the end of my mission as April 16. Definitely the most depressing mail I've received so far on the mission :( Ever since I read it, I haven't been sleeping very well. I've known for awhile that I'd be going home that day but it didn't hit me until I actually read it. Anyway, just the more reason to work even harder with the time I have left!
 
Enrique and Robert are both progressing super fast! Enrique is good to go for baptism the 25th but Robert will need to come to church at least one more time. But more would be better obviously.  Both of them are reading the Book of Mormon and gaining a testimony of their own. Robert quit drinking before we even taught him the work of wisdom and he's already concerned about his friends and family who don't have the gospel. After we taught him lesson 3 (gospel of jesus Christ) we asked him if he had any questions. He looked concerned and said that he did. He asked us what was going to happen to those who don't accept the gospel. We testified of the importance of sharing the gospel with everyone and the thought of someone not having the opportunity to accept the gospel is the very reason why we're here serving missions. He understood and then said the most beautiful prayer for those in his family who don't have the gospel yet. I'm sure we'll be getting some investigators from him pretty soon!
 
Did I ever mention that my companion is a runner? When president assigned us together he said we were a match made in heaven and I definitely agree! It's been SOO awesome to have someone to go running with in the morning. I think I accepted about half way through my mission that I wouldn't be able to run until after my mission but we've been getting up at 6 to run. I didn't realize how much I missed it! But at 6 it's still pretty dark and one morning I tripped on an un-even sidewalk...the pictures will explain the rest.
 
Well sorry that this email is so short but I love you all and I hope to hear from you soon! Have a good week. Dios les bendiga a todos
Con amor,
Hermana Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment