Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6, 2013 - Gilroy

We just got back from Transfer meeting at the mission office and our trio is now just a duo :( Sister Garcia-Gomez went to a new home. She'll be serving in Saratoga where they just opened up a new Spanish branch on Sunday. She'll do amazing there! Sister Champlin and I will still be together so I'll be in Gilroy for at least 6 more weeks. That's all I was praying for! I just wanted at least one more transfer in Gilroy. God answers prayers!! I always knew that...but I like when His answers are the same as mine :) September 15th is the end of this transfer so I have until then to enjoy this area.
 
This week I got to go to Watsonville on exchanges with one of my old companions, Sister Wallace. We had so much fun catching up on what's happened since we've been apart. She had a lot of stories about Livermore so it was really good to hear how the people are doing up there. I didn't realize how much I missed Livermore until we got talking! She's coming to the close of her mission and it just reminds me that one day that will be happening to me!! I'm not ready to think about that yet....
 
As far as investigators for this week it was pretty slow. We did pick up a new investigator that seems really promising and a few other potentials that are also promising but we'll just have to wait and see if they progress. Anthony will be baptized next Saturday but we still haven't heard from Jocelyn. Her mom said she's too embarrassed to come to church because she thinks everyone will judge her for not being baptized on her scheduled day.
 
Ines bore her testimony during fast and testimony meeting and it was so beautiful! She really is amazing. I was sitting next to her in Sunday school and I noticed she had a really pretty ring on. I told her that I loved it and she told me to try it on. It fit perfectly but when I tried to give it back to her she said she wanted me to keep it. I tried to refuse but she insisted and said that I had given her something really special and she wanted to return the favor. Isn't that adorable?? It was the best gift I've ever received!
 
We had a leadership training on Friday with the zone leaders and other STL's and the guest speaker talked about "heck" week in sports and how one week of intense training and conditioning makes the difference of performance during the season. She said that our missions are our "heck" week for life. I couldn't agree with her more! I feel like each and every day is intense training for the rest of my life. It's exhausting...but more than worth it!
 
She also talked about how laying down our lives for the lord doesn't mean that we have to die for what we believe in. We can lay down our lives to the lord each and everyday. I've heard that phrase so many times....but I only ever thought of martyrdom. It was a really neat new perspective for me.
 
That's really neat that you did family names in the temple. I heard there was a new presentation as well. Can't wait to see it in October! I don't remember what I requested for my track ring but whatever it looks like I'm sure is fine. Probably not much I could do about it now if it wasn't what I wanted. But I am excited to see it!
 
I haven't sent my picture CD yet. We didn't have time to do much this pday because Sister GG had to pack. I might wait until the end of this transfer so that I can put together a big box of things I've accumulated that I don't want to take with me to my next area.
 
 
Thank you so much for the emails and letters this week! They always make me feel loved! I love hearing what's going on in your lives and our neighborhood. I'm probably not the best at writing letters in return but I do my best!! I love you all and I hope you have a good week! You're in my prayers! Dios les bendiga
 
Love, Sister Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment