Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23, 2013 - Gilroy


Wow thanks for the emails everyone!! I felt very loved this week :) I know I say this a lot but time is going by SO fast!! I didn't think it was possible for the time to go faster but I was wrong...I feel like we were just at the Library yesterday sending emails.
 
The highlight of the week was the bomb threat in our apartment. Some guy was upset that he was getting kicked out for not paying his rent so he said he had a bomb. It was just a few days after the boston bombing so everyone was pretty freaked out. Luckily we were at service so we didn't have to get evacuated like everyone else. But we couldn't go back to our apartment until that night. There were helicopters and police lined up and down the whole street. The elders that live in our complex were wearing their service clothes and couldn't go back to change so they had to go the whole day without their proselyting clothes. Luckily we can wear our skirts to our service. Oh and their wasn't a bomb...in case anyone was wondering.
 
So Liana will be in the MTC tomorrow?? Wow! Tell her good luck from me por favor. And will someone send me her MTC mailbox number as soon as you know so that I can write her. Mail is always like gold during the mission but I think even more so in the MTC.
 
We're still trying to find a balance between the spanish and english unit. Both the Bishop and the Branch president are so keen on giving us a lot of work to do which is AWESOME. We spend most of our time with the branch though but we picked up some english investigators this week. I taught my first investigator lesson in English...it was weird. I couldn't find the words!
 
Briza is still planning on May 4 for her baptism. Her brother is getting baptized this weekend actually. He thought he was a member but they couldn't find his record. The goal is that he'll be able to baptize Briza.
 
All four missionaries in the spanish branch gave talks this last Sunday. I spoke on the doctrine and covenants and said how mom knew joseph smith was a prophet before reading the book of mormon because she had read doctrine and covenanats. That's true.....right?
 
Well sorry this week wasn't the most exciting to report on. It all just feels like a blur! A scripture that I've been thinking about a lot lately is Alma 6:6. It talks about how we go to church for others. To pray and fast for those who don't have the gosepl. I think I probably came on a mission for myself but now I know I'm here for others.
 
I love you all and I hope you have a good week!
Love, Hermana Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment