Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013 - Redwood City

Well it feels like I just emailed everyone yesterday! Even though it wasn't very long ago, I feel like so much has happened. First of all, I LOVE the ward I'm working in. It's such a different feel working in a ward as compared to the branches I've been in. There is so much more organization, love and support from the members. The ward was very accepting and welcoming on Sunday but unfortunately we only went to part of sacrament meeting and then had to leave for a meeting with the mission president and stake president so we missed the rest of church and I didn't get to meet very many members. 
 
 I can see that the church is supposed to function at a ward level. I hope the branches in Gilroy and Livermore can one day become wards. However, because there are so many members I'm worried that I won't be able to get to know all of them. I already have such a hard time putting names and faces together. But I'm sure the Lord will help me learn this new area fast.
 
Starting this new area makes me feel similar to how I felt when I started my senior year of track. I knew I had worked hard previously but my senior year was my last chance to give it all. This is my last area and I'm ready to work harder and give even more than I have the last 13 months. 13 months?! Where did the time go??
 
As far as investigators go we have plenty to work with. I still haven't met all of them but we're teaching 14 investigators right now. About double to the amount I've had in the past! 4 of them are progressing and 1 of them came to church on Sunday. We currently don't have any baptismal dates but hopefully we get some this month.
 
 Our area is huge which makes sense that it's split between 7 missionaries. We live in the city and it's a completely different feel from my other two areas. First of all, there are people EVERYWHERE. It used to take almost an hour of contacting to contact 30 people and we got to 30 people last night within 15 minutes. It's also really loud. Did I already tell you that our apartment is really close to the train tracks? I feel like we leave in the leaky cauldron! I think I'm getting used to the train though because I've been sleeping better.
 
We also live really close to Stanford. We drove by the campus last night and it's beautiful. I think we'll go to campus on a pday pretty soon because I want to see it. I heard that BYU will be playing Stanford next Monday! Anyone coming to the game? :)
 
I know that so much happened this week but I still am trying to get a feel for everything so it seems like just a big blur! I feel more motivated and dedicated to do the work here though. I think that's why transfers are inspired so that we don't get too content in a certain area. I also feel closer to the Lord. I've become more focused on doing His will than my own and I know He has a great plan for this area in the next 5 months.
 
I hope everyone remembers the invitation that Elder Ballard made at General Conference. He invited every single member to share the gospel with at least ONE person before Christmas. If every single member does this, MILLIONS of lives will be touched. It's such a simple thing with such dramatic effects.
 
Well I love you all and I hope that everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear from you soon!
 
Love, Sister Billings
 
PS- What are everybody's turkey day plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment