Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 30, 2013 - Redwood City

Happy almost Halloween!!!! Transfers were this week and I have been moved to Redwood city in the Menlo Park zone. If I could have chosen where to go it would've been here. Besides the fact that I think it's 10 degrees colder here, I love it! We're assigned to the Redwood City 2 Ward which is an all Spanish ward. The ward is incredible and has 7 missionaries (5 elders and us). We're on bikes 3 days out of the week which makes me really happy! I was wishing for an all bike area but I'll take 3 days out of 7!
 
My companion is Hermana Bair from Orem, Utah. She came out when she was 19 and has been in the field for 3 transfers (same as my last companion). She's fluent in Spanish because she did a Spanish immersion program in elementary school. She seems great and I know I'll be able to learn a lot from her!
 
I really thought that I'd be released as a Sister Training Leader but I wasn't. My new assignment is now 7 companionships of sisters so I'm excited to get to know more sisters and see more areas in the mission when I do exchanges.
 
I had a whole list of things that I wanted to write home about but it's in my other planner so I can't remember any of it! There's a reason why I write everything down now....but what I can remember is how hard it was to say goodbye to Gilroy. The 7 months that I spent there went by way too fast! It felt like I was leaving my home all over again. Saying goodbye to Amber's family, especially her kids, was the hardest. But I gave all of them a CTR ring that Andrea sent me. if I have time, I'll upload pictures.  But even though it was hard to leave Gilroy, I know I'll be back for some baptisms. Violet, Margarita and Amber are all very close. I told Amber that I would go back for her baptism even if it was after my mission ended.
 
As far as my new area we got a new investigator yesterday named Enrique. He seems very prepared so I'll be updating all of you about him and our other investigators as soon as I meet them. For halloween tomorrow we're going to hand out candy and pass a long cards at a member's house. Pretty fun right? What are all of your plans? I can't wait to see pictures of the boys in the costumes!
 
Well I hope everyone has a good week and I can't wait to hear from you all soon!
 
Love, Sister Billings
 
ps- our address is
1033 Jefferson Ave Apt #5
Redwoord City, CA 94063
and I'll be emailing on Monday's from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment