Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4, 2013 - Gilroy

First of all I want to say thanks to mom and dad for the ADORABLE new scripture covers!!!!!!!! They're perfect. I think I got them last Tuesday? I have the exact same covers for my Spanish scriptures but in pink. I got them at the MTC but they didn't have any for the English size so I'm glad you found them. Thanks again!
 
And Mom, thanks for sending more journal entries. I really really love reading them. Dad, if you have any more I would love to read them too! Sometimes I wish I would have brought your mission journals with me to read. I think I'll appreciate reading them more after experiencing my own mission.
 
This Saturday at 7 will be Ricardo's baptism and we're really excited. We visited him last night and reviewed everything we've taught him and he's more than ready to be baptized. He's a really smart 10yr old. I'll send pictures next week :) He invited 3 of his non-member friends to come to his baptism and they've sat in on almost every single lesson.
 
I don't know what happened this week. It just went by so fast and I can't think of anything that happened! The only thing that keeps coming to my mind is a lesson we had on Friday with Will. He's a big black guy who really wants to live the rest of his life right because he spent the first 50 years of his life on the street. He said he prayed one night for a better life and now he has a job and an apartment and he knows it was an answer from God.
 
 Since he lives alone, we have to teach him outside on his porch. Last Friday was SO hot and we'd been on bikes all day. All 3 of us were sweating during the lesson and then when we got up to leave I was STUCK to the chair! It was so embarrassing. I seriously couldn't get up. I think my skirt melted to the chair or something because we had to like....peel it off. Usually Will is really serious but he was laughing so hard.
 
Sorry for such a lame update this week....Here's how our investigators are doing though:
 
Amber and her son Anthony are still planning on August for their baptism. They haven't missed church. Amber hasn't smoked and her son gave up cheetos to support her...not sure how he's doing though.
 
We haven't been able to get a hold of Ivan so we dropped his baptismal date :( I think the people he lives with have something to do with that. They tried to "pray" for us one time and give us the holy spirit but it freaked us out so we left. Very very creepy. Every time we try and see Ivan they say he's not there.
 
Everyone else is about in the same boat as before. There's a guy in our english ward who gives us about 15 referals a week so we've been really busy with that. it's AWESOME. The first time he just gave us a list of all his neighbors and a little description about them. This week he gave us names and addresses with a personalized BOM to them from him. Seriously so amazing. Now if every member could be like that! We'd need more missionaries that's for sure.
 
Well I hope everyone has a good week and I can't wait to hear from you all soon!! God bless and I love you all LOTS
 
Love, Hermana Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment