Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 10, 2013 - Gilroy

To be honest, this week was actually really slow. We don't have a whole lot going on with investigators but we've been working hard with a lot of the less actives. We have plenty to do! But we don't have very many promising investigators...yet.
 
This will most likely be my last week in Gilroy :( I don't want to leave but I've been here for 4 transfers so I think it's about time. Plus, I was talking to my mission president this morning and he hinted that I'll be leaving. He also hinted that I might be going to Salinas so please please please everyone pray that I DON"T go to Salinas. I have had nightmares of that place ever since they opened it up to the sisters.
 
I sent a package home yesterday and it should get to the house on Wednesday. Let me know when you get it! There's a letter for mom and dad and you can read the journals if you want too. There's probably a lot of stuff in them that never made it to the emails.
 
Sister Champlin has been really sick the past few weeks with a bad cold so we finally called the mission nurse. We were in the church bathroom when she called us back and she was trying to find a doctor for us to go see so she asked "where are you?" So I said, "In the bathroom" I didn't know that she was asking which area we were serving in! Not the most embarrassing thing I've said on my mission though.
 
On branch has 3 missionaries leaving on Wednesday and one just returned a couple weeks ago so the branch is really excited about missionary work. They've been a lot more involved in the work so it's been really helpful. We helped the 2 girls that are leaving pack on Sunday and I couldn't stop thinking how helpful that would have been to have some sister missionaries help me pack. As a thank you, they took us to Santa Cruz yesterday for our preparation day. We didn't have time to do much but it was still a lot of fun.
 
Sister Champlin and I have kind of known that I'll probably be getting transferred so we wanted to make a trip up to the Oakland temple trip before I go. We didn't think it'd be possible but then Amber asked, out of the blue, if we would go up with her and her son. So we'll be going up this weekend!! I love going to the temple. Obviously going inside is a lot better, but the visitor's center is always so spiritual for the investigators. Amber is having a pretty hard time right now and she's worried that she'll never get baptized. I'm worried about that too to be honest. But we're doing everything we can to help her progress.
 
Well sorry that this email is so short but we really didn't have a whole lot going on this week. I hope everyone is doing great and I hope to hear from you soon!! Oh...don't send letters after this weekend in case I do get transferred. I'll get my new address to you as soon as I know.
 
Love you all!!
Love, Hermana Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment